Job Opening | Engineering Drafter
POSITION: ENGINEERING DRAFTER
One of the leading Chicagoland Architecture and Engineering Firms, Bailey Edward, is looking for a responsive Engineering Drafter to become a part of a collaborative, high-energy studio where professional growth and client satisfaction are emphasized. The successful Candidate must have a passion for creating innovative solutions with a desire to grow and maintain Client relationships.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Applies sound knowledge of engineering drafting principles and practices and entry-level knowledge of engineering design principles and practices in a broad array of assignments. Works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Engineer and provides limited judgment on work details and preliminary selections. Performs drafting and design work with responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work products.
• Models firm values of responsiveness, creativity and professionalism.
• Acts independently regarding engineering drafting assignments including drawing set-up, mechanical and electrical plans, drafting red-lines, and preparing shop drawings for contractors
• Acts independently regarding preliminary Mechanical / Electrical systems design
• Consults with supervisor for assignments and for direction with engineering complexities.
• Coordinates and reviews work with in-house and consulting architects, engineers and contractors.
• Carries out drafting and design assignments and assists Project Engineer, Mechanical / Electrical Engineer with project tasks
• Performs Field Surveys
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of finished drawings
• Ensures drawings comply with company standard details and drawing practices
• Attends owner/ architect/ contractor meetings throughout the duration of the project including during construction
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in AutoCAD and Design Theory
• Three or more years’ experience employed as drafter / designer
• One or more years’ experience in an engineering firm demonstrating skills as an Engineering Draftsman
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Experience in 2D and 3D drafting
• Proficient in Bluebeam
• Experience with REVIT is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication skills a plus
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Excellent benefits package offered
Position Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: Fox River Grove, IL
Apply with Resume: email@example.com